What is OCR?
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is the process that converts an image of text into a machine-readable text format.
How to install more OCR languages?
- In Windows, open the "Language settings" window. (You can search it by pressing Win key)
- In "Preferred languages" section, press "Add a language" button.
- Choose a language that you would like to install, and press "Next" button.
- Uncheck all "Optional language features" as we don't need any of them for OCR to work.
- Make sure that under "Required language features" it lists "Optical character recognition", if it's not listed there then your language doesn't support this feature, and press "Install" button.
- Wait for Windows to install the language we choose in the background.
- After the language is installed, ShareX will include it in language drop down menu next time OCR window is opened.